The major changes coming in Artificial Intelligence in 2018 will be results of the continued expansion of artificial intelligence into realms of human cognitive work.
One of the most exciting tech developments of 2018 is the new breed of commercial AI that is emerging to meet the more complex demands of modern human-machine interactions. Most of the current AI offerings on the market have substantial limits. Even when models can accurately predict outcomes, they are still far away from providing any actionable suggestions for alternate outcomes.
The first step is to enhance the big data and machine learning with another layer of AI functionality – that of cognitive intelligence. The aim of cognitive intelligence AI platforms isn’t to supplant big data or machine learning. Rather, it’s there as a supervisor of sorts, monitoring how traditional AI process data, filling in gaps and identifying misinterpretations. Ultimately, the goal of a cognitive AI platform is to be able to complete tasks without the need for human supervision, to be able to quickly process unexpected or unfamiliar external input and adjust its response accordingly. Wherever it is used, cognitive intelligence will be the true watershed AI.
1. Smart IoT – Connecting and optimizing devices, data and the IoT.
2. AI-Enabled Cybersecurity – Data security encryption and enhanced situational awareness. Provides document, data, and network locking using smart distributed data secured by an AI key.
3. Next Generation Search – Intent and reasoning based search that produces the highest accuracy and relevancy results.
4. Content AI – Personalized media delivery & content monetization.
5. Intelligent Assistants – The solution continuously learns and reasons, becomes smarter and can simultaneously integrate location, time of day, user habits, semantic intensity, intent, sentiment, social media, contextual awareness and other personal attributes.
6. Cognitive Analytics – Advanced and deep analytics and insights.
7. Intent-Based Natural Language Processing – Moving beyond word template matching to user intent.
AI can bring a high quality of change to our lives. We’ve already seen how robotics can replace the physical work done by human beings – consider driverless cars, automated checkout lines, predictive healthcare. Hopefully We’ll get to see more from this year.
Thank you AJ Abdallat, CEO of http://www.beyond.ai/ for providing your inputs on this.